The daily average rate for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage continues to move lower, easing down to 3.966% today. The rate on a 30-year refinance is also lower today, averaging 4.103%. However, the rate for a 5/1 adjustable-rate mortgage is 2.524%, unchanged from yesterday.
- The latest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.966%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage is 2.972%. ⇑
- The latest rate on a 5/1 ARM is 2.524%. ⇔
- The latest rate on a 7/1 ARM is 2.8%. ⇔
- The latest rate on a 10/1 ARM is 2.867%. ⇓
Money’s daily mortgage rates reflect what a borrower with a 20% down payment and a 700 credit score — roughly the national average score — might pay if he or she applied for a home loan right now. Each day’s rates are based on the average rate 8,000 lenders offered to applicants the previous business day. Freddie Mac’s weekly rates will generally be lower, since they measure rates offered to borrowers with higher credit scores.
Looking for a loan? Check out Money’s lists of the best mortgage lenders and best refinance lenders.
Today’s 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates
- The 30-year rate is 3.966%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.018 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month increase of 0.335 percentage points.
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is the most popular loan around thank to three advantages: The interest rate is predictable, the monthly payment is constant and the long payback time means those payments will be lower and more affordable. On the other hand, the interest rate will be higher compared to a shorter-term loan, so borrowers will pay more interest over time.
Average Mortgage Rates
Data based on US mortgage loans closed on Jan 26, 2022
15 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Jan 26: 2.97%
- Last Week: 3.05%
- Change: -0.08%
30 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Jan 26: 3.97%
- Last Week: 4.03%
- Change: -0.06%
7/1 ARM RATE
- Jan 26: 2.8%
- Last Week: 3.86%
- Change: -1.06%
10/1 ARM RATE
- Jan 26: 2.87%
- Last Week: 4.11%
- Change: -1.24%
Find your actual rate at Quicken Loans.
Click below to get started and see your rate today.
View Rates for January 27, 2022
Today’s 15-year fixed-rate mortgage rates
- The 15-year rate is 2.972%.
- That’s a one-day increase …….