The interest rate for a new 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is averaging 4.067% today, ticking down 0.002 percentage points from last week. The rate for a 30-year refinance loan, on the other hand, jumped to 5.282%, an increase of 1.204 percentage points.
- The latest rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is 4.067%. ⇓
- The latest rate on a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage is 3.084%. ⇑
- The latest rate on a 5/1 ARM is 2.607%. ⇔
- The latest rate on a 7/1 ARM is 2.883%. ⇔
- The latest rate on a 10/1 ARM is 2.95%. ⇔
Money’s daily mortgage rates reflect what a borrower with a 20% down payment and a 700 credit score — roughly the national average score — might pay if he or she applied for a home loan right now. Each day’s rates are based on the average rate 8,000 lenders offered to applicants the previous business day. Freddie Mac’s weekly rates will generally be lower, since they measure rates offered to borrowers with higher credit scores.
People are also reading…
Looking for a loan? Check out Money’s lists of the best mortgage lenders and best refinance lenders.
Today’s 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rates
- The 30-year rate is 4.067%.
- That’s a one-day decrease of 0.002 percentage points.
- That’s a one-month increase of 0.354 percentage points.
Most borrowers opt for the predictable interest rate and steady monthly payments of a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage. The long payback time means those payments will be lower and more affordable for most Americans. The drawback is that the interest rate is higher than the rate on a shorter-term loan, making this type of loan more expensive.
Average Mortgage Rates
Data based on US mortgage loans closed on Jan 28, 2022
15 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Jan 28: 3.08%
- Last Week: 3.05%
- Change: 0.03%
30 YEAR FIXED CONVENTIONAL
- Jan 28: 4.07%
- Last Week: 4.03%
- Change: 0.04%
7/1 ARM RATE
- Jan 28: 2.88%
- Last Week: 3.86%
- Change: -0.98%
10/1 ARM RATE
- Jan 28: 2.95%
- Last Week: 4.11%
- Change: -1.16%
Find your actual rate at Quicken Loans.
Click below to get started and see your rate today.
View Rates for January 31, 2022
Today’s 15-year fixed-rate mortgage rates
- The 15-year rate is 3.084%.
- That’s a one-day increase of 0.012 percentage points.</…….