When you have credit card debt, your first priority should be to pay off your balances in order to avoid expensive interest charges. But when you open a new credit card account with an interest-free balance-transfer offer, then you can avoid interest charges while you pay off your balance. There are several types of credit cards that feature interest-free balance transfer offers, and here are the best cards in each category:
- Best simple balance-transfer card: Wells Fargo ReflectSM Card
- Best balance-transfer card with cash back: Citi Double Cash
- Best balance-transfer card with travel rewards: Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®
- Best balance-transfer card for students: BankAmericard® Credit Card for Students
- Best balance-transfer card for small businesses: U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card
Credit Repair companies can help you repair and improve your credit so you can apply for the credit card of your choice.
Bad credit can weigh you down. Find out what credit repair can offer you.
People are also reading…
Talk to a Credit Repair Expert
Best simple balance transfer card: Wells Fargo ReflectSM Card
The Wells Fargo ReflectSM Card doesn’t offer a new account bonus or any rewards. Instead, it features the longest 0% APR balance transfer offer currently available from a major card issuer.
- Up to 21 billing cycles of 0% APR on balance transfers
- Up to 21 billing cycles of 0% APR on new purchases
- No annual fee
- No welcome bonus or rewards
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Wells Fargo is one of the largest retail banks in America, and this card noses out its competition when it comes to offering a credit card with the longest possible promotional financing period. New applicants receive 18 months of 0% intro APR on balance transfers (with a 3% balance transfer fee) and new purchases (standard APR applies after). But that can be easily extended to 21 months when you make at least the minimum payment on-time.
Otherwise, there’s not much to see here. There’s no welcome bonus, and no rewards for spending, but there is a $600 mobile phone protection benefit that covers against damage and theft. There’s no annual fee, but there is a 3% foreign transition fee.
Best balance-transfer card with cash back: Citi Double Cash Card
Not only is the Citi Double Cash℠ Card one of the best cash …….