Would you look at that: 2022 already.
Before we get started with the first in this year’s monthly to-do list, let’s pause for a moment to take it all in. Maybe grab a pen and paper to physically write the date down five times so that you don’t accidentally keep putting 2021 on all your documents. (No? Just me?)
If you’re a fan of New Year’s resolutions, you probably already have a to-do list chock full of ambitious financial goals. We don’t want to overwhelm you with another lengthy list of money chores on top of that, so we’re keeping it short and sweet this month.
Here’s what money moves made it on the January agenda.
Looking for ways to save money right now?
Refinancing your mortgage at a historically low rate could allow you to lower your monthly mortgage payment. Click your state to get started and see how much you could save!
People are also reading…
1. Return your holiday gifts on time for a full refund
As the holiday season is winding down, now is the time to return all the unwanted gifts that you put on a big, cheesy and thoroughly convincing grin upon receiving.
You know the ones: the third blender even though your countertop is already overflowing, the new slacks that didn’t take into consideration the pandemic pounds you’ve put on, and the throw pillows that don’t match a single shade of color in your home.
For most items, major retailers typically have a standard 30-day return policy from the date of purchase. But this time of year, several stores have extended holiday gift return policies.
Here are a few stores and dates you should know:
- Amazon: Return by Jan. 31 for most items purchased directly from Amazon between Oct. 1, 2021 and Dec. 31, 2021.
- Best Buy: Return by Jan. 16, for most items purchased between Oct. 18, 2021 and Jan. 2, 2022.
- GameStop: Return by Jan. 15 or 30 days from purchase date for gifts purchased after Oct. 31, 2021. (Receipt or online order number required.)
- Target: Return by March 26 for unopened gifts purchased Oct. 1, 2021 through Dec. 25, 2021.
- Walmart: Return by March 26 for items sold or shipped by Walmart from Nov. 1, 2021 through Dec. 25, 2021.
To be eligible for a full refund, the gifts need to be unopened. In …….